January 25 to February 28, 2021
Traffic delays on Highways No. 1 and Shuswap Ave. can be expected due to road construction activities. Construction activities to consist of:
- Continuous field operations will occur daily from 7:00am- 3:00am
- Daytime blasting occurring between Jan. 25th and Feb. 28th which will result in 20 minute road closures. Blasts will occur between 10:00am – 3:00pm.
- Nighttime Blasting will occur between Jan.25 and Feb. 28 which will result in 45 minute road closures. Blasts will occur between 11:00pm – 3:00am.
- Prior to each blast, a sweep of the affected area shall be conducted to ensure that no members of the public are present.
- Blasts will be signaled by 12 “toots” on an air horn 2 minutes prior to each blast. One long “toot” on the air horn will signal that the blasting is all clear. Minor vibrations from this operation should be expected.
Updates will be posted to drivebc.ca and Facebook @DawsonCivil76
If you have any questions, concerns or require further information, please contact 250-682-1512.