The Village of Chase is joining Recycle BC October 1, 2021 as a registered collection partner. By joining, there will be an end-market for our recyclables, and financial savings by shifting recyclable costs to manufacturers who produce packaging and paper. As a Recycle BC member, and along with other local government’s we will collectively keep recyclable materials out of BC’s landfill’s.
THE VILLAGE’S OBJECTIVES
- Minimize and reduce cost of recycling for residents.
- Eliminate “recycling contamination,” avoiding additional cost to residents.
- Encourage recycling – promoting environmental sustainability.
- Mandate Village staff to monitor and enforce recycling requirements.
- Education is key to avoid fines.
All industrial and commercial businesses will not be retained under the Recycle BC umbrella. Efforts will be made to engage those business customers in providing alternate recycling options. The current options for them is to hire one of the many commercial recycle haulers that operate in the area.