Be aware it may also be necessary for you to obtain a Development Permit prior to submitting an application for a Building Permit.

Building Permits must be applied for and issued prior to building, altering, demolishing or moving a building or structure.

Building Inspection services are provided by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District (TNRD) by appointment only. If you would like to speak to the TNRD Building Inspector, please call 250-377-8673.

Building Permit Application Forms

Installing a fence? See: Fence Installation

Applicable fees are listed in Appendix “A”, part of Building Regulations Bylaw No. 803 – 2014.  The complete Building Permit Application Package is also available for pick up from the Village office.

The homeowner is responsible for carrying out the work or having the work carried out in full accordance with the requirements of the British Columbia Building Code and other applicable regulations.

For more information about electrical and gas permits, please visit Technical Safety BC or call Service BC at 250-828-4540.

Electrical and Gas Permit

Technical Safety BC
Tel 250.952-4444

Homeowner Protection Office

Branch of BC Housing
604-646-7050 or 1-800-407-7757